With the New Normal, people are looking for alternatives to get out of their homes. But when it’s time to go, you don’t just want to go anywhere; you have to go somewhere special. Riviera Nayarit is an excellent option!
Once the COVID-19 health emergency is over, you’ll want to relax, enjoy the great outdoors, and leave the difficult times behind you. Whether you’re back here for 1st on vacation or the 10th time to buy your dream house in Sayulita or San Pancho, experiencing quality time away from home will be fundamental to your own and your family’s experience.
A visit to the Riviera Nayarit is a must, as this is a destination that has the ideal ingredients for you to detox from the stress caused by an extended lockdown. Here you can enjoy a wide variety of activities to renovate your mind, body, and soul.
Let’s see what awaits you!
- Yoga and meditation in contact with nature: Riviera Nayarit is one of the destinations that best exemplifies the Wellness philosophy. With its spectacular resorts, beaches, and the Sierra de Vallejo’s incomparable backdrop, it sets the perfect stage for yoga retreats, meditation workshops, and other therapies in direct contact with nature. Different resorts and spiritual retreats, especially in Sayulita and San Pancho, offer holistic service, menus specializing in vegan and organic foods, and experts in specific yoga techniques—all marvellous experiences tucked in between the jungle and the sea.
Relax: Yoga and meditation
- Seaside walks: Few things are more relaxing than a walk along the shore, feeling the soft sand beneath your feet, breathing in the healthy air, hearing the waves breaking on the beach, and enjoying the warm therapeutic rays of the sun; you’ll be able to enjoy it sooner than you think! The uniquely beautiful beaches of the Riviera Nayarit are waiting for you, ideal for sunset walks or fun water sports in the waves.
- Enjoy the sunset: The sunsets in the Riviera Nayarit are glorious any time of the year, but they’re even better towards the end of August when the sun is more brilliant, or in early June when the rains begin. Punta de Mita’s Destiladeras beach is one of the best places to watch the sun dip below the horizon—there’s even an overlook where you’ll get a spectacular view of Banderas Bay. The sun sets around 7:30 p.m. during the summer, don’t miss it!
- Visit an orchid garden by the sea: Imagine a gorgeous green getaway far from the city noise, overflowing with flowers with the ocean in the background – welcome to the “Lo de Perla” Jungle Garden, one of this tourist destination’s most relaxing places. Located within the Las Lomas ranch just five minutes from the coastal village of San Pancho, the garden is at home in this natural setting of 13 hectares of land dotted with enormous trees filled with an astonishing variety of birds. The best part is the Orchid Sanctuary, and its collection of 500 flowers cultivated in-vitro. It’s the best of nature, ready to soothe your soul!
More information: Jungle Garden
- Hiking: Walking is easy and low-impact. It’s a well-known fact that walking relaxes the body and sends calming signals to your brain, helping relieve tension. On your next visit to the Riviera Nayarit, make sure you go hiking in the Sierra de Vallejo. There are lots of trails and openings that you can follow to explore the breathtaking landscapes and observe the local flora and fauna. Always bring with you the right equipment to be more comfortable on your adventure, including sufficient water and clothing that adapts to the temperature of the place you’re visiting.
More information: Hiking
- The thrill of the zip line: Ready to let off some of that adrenaline you’ve accumulated during the last few months? Seeing and experiencing the beauty of the mountains from a zip line is just what you need. Several ecotourism ranches in the region have excellent facilities and trained personnel ready to guide you on this adventure safely. You’ll find them in Nuevo Vallarta, Punta de Mita, and Sayulita. You must help keep these natural reserves in perfect condition during your visit so you can contribute to the conservation of its biodiversity.
More information: Ecotourism ranches.
- Birdwatching in San Pancho or San Blas: Birdwatching is an ideal way to commune with nature in its purest form; nothing is better for the body and soul than listening to the birds singing free in their natural habitat. Although San Pancho and San Blas are the best spots for birdwatching, the entire Riviera Nayarit offers excellent conditions since it is part of the western migratory route for birds travelling from North America to the south. The best season for birding is from October to March, although there are guided tours by specialized tour operators all year round. San Pancho, Sayulita, and San Blas are some of the locations where you can practice this activity.
Click here for the best places for bird watching.
- Enjoy Stand Up Paddle: Standing up, paddling, and gliding on a wave is what Stand Up Paddle or “paddle boarding” is all about, a relatively new sport that nonetheless is gaining more and more followers. Unlike its “cousin” surfing, this sport does not need extreme waves it’s practiced on a calm sea, a lake, or even a pool. Stand Up Paddle also has its spiritual side: According to the Polynesians (the forerunners of this activity), it’s the channel to communicating with their gods through the waves. In the Rivera Nayarit, La Lancha beach is a favourite of local surfers and visitors alike. Nearby El Anclote beach in Corral del Risco’s community has gentle waves and crystal-clear turquoise waters to welcome those who want to learn this fun sport.
Do you want to practice or learn Stand Up Paddle? Click here
The Riviera Nayarit Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) and the Bahía de Banderas Hotel and Motel Association (AHMBB) work tirelessly to promote the destination with the support of the Government of the State of Nayarit via its Tourism Promotional Trust (Fiprotur).